who we are
LPG is an initiative of Teknol Inc formed by a group of Edupreneurs seeking visible change in educational space in Silicon Valley, and elsewhere. The team comprises of some exceptional people from varied disciplines who have taken the road less traveled. With an aspiration of national footprints. It is on the threshold of making a bigger impact on many more lives.
- To promote free play which is child-led
- To protect children’s innate connection to their environment, the natural world
- To allow children to interact with their ever-changing environment
- To enable children to take healthy and manageable risks
- To allow children to experience complete freedom of movement
- To allow opportunity for children to follow their own initiative
- To engage with other children in an unstructured, unhurried space
- To have a multi-sensory engagement with the world
- To give the time and space to awaken their own natural sense of wonder
- To forge friendships and feel part of a community which supports their important job of parenting
- To give the opportunity to closely observe their child’s development
- To offer an excellent introduction to the Steiner approach to the young child
Kim is a native Californian, having grown up here in San Jose. She holds a B.A in Philosophy and Religion, an M.A. in Social Science, an M.Div from Meru Seminary and a Waldorf Teacher Education Certificate. For over two decades, Kim has brought immense love and devotion to her work with parents and children as a Waldorf teacher, yoga and meditation instructor and a midwife. Motherhood brought her to Waldorf Education where she taught at Waldorf School of the Peninsula for over 15 years, was one of the founding teachers of the Nursery Program, created the Parenting with Heart
Program and implemented the expansion of the Early Childhood Center. Kim is excited to be bringing her wealth of experience into Laurel Play Gardens.
Faye has been guiding and enjoying children for 25 years as an Early Childhood Teacher. She comes by this naturally having grown up with 10 brothers and sisters on a large North Dakota farm. She learned her kind and gentle ways from her parents who shared their love of the prairie, animals and stars with their children. While raising her own family, Faye worked in early childhood centers and schools from Stanford to Seattle. Her joy for life and the world is contagious and an inspiration to her young charges. You will find Faye happily leading an expedition into the mud in search of worms or sitting quietly watching the butterflies dance around the garden.
We are grateful to have Faye with us at Laurel Play Gardens.