You will need
- Bean Bag
- Draw your basic hopscotch grid, then the first player throws a marker, such as a bean bag, into box 1.
- The player hops on one foot (or alternating feet) all the to the last box and back, stopping to pick up the marker on the way.
- Players take turns trying to throw in each box in order (1, 2, 3, etc.).
- A simpler way to play is to follow the instructions above, but only to hop to the first square, pick up the marker, and return.
- This game encourages hand/eye coordination and balance.
Why not ask your child to draw out the hopscotch board and to write the numbers, supporting their mathematical graphics?